Operations Development Specialist – Executive Assistant to the GM / COO (dual role)
Universal Life is looking to hire an Operations Development Specialist – Executive Assistant to the General Manager / Chief Operating Officer (dual role) at its Head Offices in Nicosia. The position will be reporting to the General Manager / Chief Operating Officer (GM/COO), with whom he/she will be working closely towards the implementation of the Operations’ Division strategy and goals.
- Make recommendations to the GM/COO in cooperation with Operations’ Department Heads, for the strategy and goals of the Operations Division, aiming at the continuous development and effectiveness of the Operations activities that contribute towards the Company’s strategic goals.
- Develop business cases for new projects in the Operations Division and present them to management for approval.
- Implement projects in cooperation with Operation Division or other company departments.
- Prepare analyses and reports for the insurance operations to support decision making by the top management.
- Prepare analyses and presentations for the Senior Management Team and the Board of Directors, as assigned by the GM/COO.
- Provide support to and guide teams in the Operations Division for developmental projects.
- Provide support to the GM/COO and perform any other related tasks assigned by the GM/COO.
- A University degree, preferably in Actuarial Science, Finance, Business Management, Mathematics, Statistics or other related subject.
- A Masters’ degree and/or a professional qualification will be considered an advantage.
- At least 2 years of related experience, preferably in the insurance industry.
- Experience in actuarial related work in life insurance business will be considered an advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Competency in producing, analysing and interpreting numbers.
- Excellent knowledge of both Greek and English languages (written and oral).
- Experience in project management will be considered an advantage.
We are looking for a self-motivated and results-oriented team player with a business mindset and strong analytical and problem-solving skills. The successful candidate should take initiatives, possess excellent organizational, leadership, communication and interpersonal skills and have the ability to handle and prioritise multiple tasks under strict deadlines.
The Company offers an attractive remuneration package based on the candidate’s experience and qualifications plus other benefits like 13th Salary, Pension Fund and membership to the following Group Schemes which are offered by the Company to its permanent staff:
- Life Insurance (60 x gross monthly salary)
- Health Insurance
Interested applicants must complete the online application form at https://career.unilife.com.cy by 20/3/2022.
All applications will be treated in strict confidence.
Who we are
Universal Life was the first insurance company founded in Cyprus after the enactment of the local insurance legislation in 1970 with the vision to assist in the development of the life insurance industry on the island. Having completed five decades of contribution to the Cypriot economy and its society in general, Universal Life has made its name synonymous with life and health insurance in Cyprus. Today, Universal Life is one of the largest insurance companies in Cyprus, possessing a special place in Cyprus services sector. We are proud of having been certified by the Gender Equality Certification Body for the Implementation of Good Practices on Gender Equality in the Work Environment which aim at the creation of a healthy working environment, that respects the diversity of the personnel, ensures equal opportunities for all its people and promotes the improvement of their living standards as well as their continuous improvement, strengthening and development.
Universal Life is an employer of choice for aspiring and accomplished professionals, and was the first Insurance Company in Cyprus to attain the Great Place to Work® certification reflecting the Company’s aim to create an exceptional, high performing workplace where its employees thrive, grow and feel trusted and valued.